In the past, I’ve given readers and writers tools they need to start editing on their own, and prepare themselves for the world of self-publishing or for the process of traditional publishing submissions.
I’ve heard some positive feedback on it, and some cries for help. “Anne, I’m just not sure if my work is ready,” or “Anne, I can’t afford these professional editing services and I’m totally lost.”
I get it. I really do. That’s why I’m here to help. Because I’ve been where you are now, and there was almost no one out there to help me when I needed it. So I’m here for you and your creative endeavors.
I’m offering copy editing and developmental/structural feedback for an affordable price–just $10 per 1000 words. That means if you give me a short story of 10,000 words, I will return to you line-by-line copy edits and a great deal of feedback on how your piece’s structure can change to become more powerful.
If you want full edits and proofreading, the price is only $12 per 1000 words. For your money on either service, you will get my undivided attention when it comes to your work and enough help to present a polished manuscript to the world, whether you choose self-publishing or decide to submit it for traditional publishers and/or agents to consider.
How do you get started? This is the easy part:
- Contact me via this simple Google Form.
- Get a welcoming email from me.
- Submit your manuscript as a Word document, and payment via PayPal once you receive the pricing.
- Once the payment is received, I’ll give you your manuscript with all the suggested corrections and an email report on the structure of your work and potential changes that may improve it. This typically takes 30 days to get your work back, depending on length and work needed.
- Take your edited work and run off with it. OR, make your corrections and submit it back to me for a final once-over and proofreading (if you’ve chosen the full service).
That’s it! All there is to it. I have no minimum word count for submissions, unlike other services. This means that if you can only afford to have part of your work edited, you can still use my services. You’ll get copy edits and proofreading at one-cent per word ($10 per 1000 words).
If you’re at a stuck point, I can help you with it. Whatever editing stage you’re at–whether it’s minor tweaks, or in need of a total overhaul, I’m happy to offer my services.